This blog is part of our ongoing FAQ series. Have a question? Submit here and we will answer it! You never know, you may also get featured!
Your videos are finally finished... now what? No matter how wonderful, engaging, or informative your videos are, they won’t mean much if no one else has the opportunity to see them. After all the time, energy, and money spent on perfecting your video, it’s in your best interest to disseminate your video to as many people as possible.
- Your Website - Your website is the absolute best place to post your video! Post your video to your homepage for the highest click rates possible.
- Your Email Newsletter - Your email newsletter is sent out to people who have already already expressed an interest in your business. This means people are more likely to watch your video.
- Facebook - Facebook is now the most popular social media site, and one of the most visited websites in the world! Post your video to your Facebook Business Page, and be sure to share it on your personal page as well.
- Instagram - Instagram now allows users to share videos up to 60 seconds!
- Vimeo - Vimeo is one of the most popular and user-friendly videos on the Internet! You’ll want to place your video on Vimeo to create an easy way for people to share
- YouTube - YouTube is one of the the most popular and one of the oldest video sharing sites! Take full advantage of this free platform.
- LinkedIn - LinkedIn is a great professional social networking tool. Videos are a key indicator of an actively used LinkedIn profile!
- Yelp - There's no better way to show off what's great about your business than with a professionally produced video on your Yelp business listing.
- DailyMotion - Dailymotion is a video-sharing website that allows users to view, upload, browse videos by searching tags, categories, channels, or user-created groups.
- Pinterest - Posting a video a Pinterest is easy and a great way to gain exposure! Be sure you to ask your friends and family to Pin your video.
- Tumblr - Posting your video to your Tumblr account has the potential to bring in thousands of reblogs and shares! #Winning!
- Reddit - Reddit is a unique forum on the Internet with millions of users and almost as many “subreddits.” The basic video subreddit can be a good place to submit your video.
- TripAdvisor - TripAdvisor now accepts video content! You can upload as many videos as you want at no charge. This is a great chance for your business to show our users exactly what they can expect if they visit you.
- Grind TV - This is a sports related website, and best for videos related to outdoors and sports.
- Google+ - You can use a YouTube link or directly upload your video to to your Google plus page. Since YouTube is owned by Google, the process is very easy!
- Flickr - Owned by Yahoo!, Filckr is an image hosting as well as a video hosting website that allows you you to upload and share videos to internet for free!
- Live Leak - is a video sharing website that lets users publish videos. Although majorly oriented to politics, war, and other world events, users are free to post any content they want!
- Instructables - If your video is a how-to guide or tutorial, you may be able to share it effectively on Instructables. The site is geared towards DIYers and those who take projects into their own hands. Only a certain type of content is acceptable on the site, but if yours fits, it’s a great place with an interested audience.
- StumbleUpon - StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds and recommends web content to its users. It allows users to discover and rate Web pages, photos and videos that are personalized to their tastes.
- Wimp - Wimp is a simple, website containing interesting videos from around the Internet!
At Lemonlight Media, we distribute videos to target audiences in addition to creating high-quality and affordable videos for small businesses. Together, we focus on narrative storytelling to produce cinematic images that inspire an emotional response from your audience. For more information, visit http://www.lemonlight.com/