An effective advertising campaign is incomplete without a great landing page. A “landing page” is any website or page that an online visitor arrives at or “lands” on. When discussing landing pages in the context of digital advertising, it’s more common to refer to a landing page as being a standalone page distinct from your main website that has been designed for a single focused objective.
Landing pages generally have one of three objectives - to get people to purchase a product or sign up for a particular event, to collect information that enables you to remarket to people in the future, or to “warm up” potential customers and clients to products/services you are trying to sell.
A “conversion” takes place when the people who visit your landing page complete the task you want them to complete, whether that means buying a product, signing up for a class, or simply requesting additional information. We’ve put together 5 essential elements of for a highly converting landing page:
1. Grab Your Visitor’s Attention - The average human attention span is 8 seconds. If your page is not aesthetically friendly and easy to navigate, your visitors will quickly lose interest.
2. Keep it Clean and Simple - Create a clean page with obvious, natural navigation. Your page should provide necessary and convincing information, but nothing extra. The fewer the distractions, the better!
3. Collect Information (But Not Too Much) - As an online marketer, you want to collect as much data as you can. However, it is important to remember that when asking for information, less is more! Ask visitors to fill out as few form fields as possible.
4. Offer Something Valuable - Anything you offer on your page should be clearly stated, and should be something valuable to your visitors. Effective examples include a product, an event sign-up, a discount, a free e-book, a free consultation, or an opportunity to request additional information.
5. Include a Clear Call to Action - A “call to action” asks the visitor to do something specific, such as “click here”, “register now.” or “request more information’, and is generally displayed in the form of a button or link.
On the landing page below, it is immediately clear what visitors are supposed to do -complete the form to take advantage of the offer.
At Lemonlight, we create one to two minute videos that capture the heart of your business and inspire your audience. You can place these videos on your website, social media channels, and in your remarketing and email marketing campaigns to instantly increase your conversion rates. Contact us today to get started!